Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A comeback into the new year?

I dint blog for the last couple of months. If you would ask why, I have no idea what the reason was! I guess I just forgot about my blog or I dint have much to write about. This was until today , when a couple of friends asked me the link for my earlier blog which now I dont write on and has been closed for readers too. So I thought of making a quick update on this one.

I would have expected 2010 to start on a good note, especially after a not-so-good 2009 but an eye allergy that started just a week prior to Christmas continues to bother me even a month later ( Though the allergy has reduced, long hours infront of a TFT screen monitor has probably lead to Dry eyes). I usually do not freak if a part of me starts aching or isnt doing well but eyes seem to make me super frantic and the thought of losing my vision scares the shit out of me. The main reason being I can no longer be at the computer for long hours and that kind of feels like being handicapped.

So the point being, an eye problem is not the best way to usher in the new year, especially when you are "LOOKING OUT" for something good to happen! Anyways, the doc said I wont go blind, and though I still get scared, its much better than being paranoid and rushing to the restroom every half an hour to check if I got the vampire look on! Its more in the mind than the eye.

Also , 2 weeks into the new year and I hear about a possible early termination of contract at work, not too early but a month before what it initially was scheduled to be. Its kind of shocking when your manager who doesnt even acknowledge/talk to you during on-call staff meetings, suddenly says " Some of you temps will get an extension beyond Jan." and all you know is you were scheduled for end of Feb. You then kind of start doubting if its your ear that has a problem or the manager goofed up on the month or she was talking about someone else since she never really even knows if you are on the meeting. For a week, I thought it was the third option , until the time 2 of my colleagues were told about their last date to be 1/28. Luckily I have been spared the axe and I get one more month to sit idly , stare at the computer, do some knowledge gaining excercises on wiki and take home the paycheck.

I should therefore be not complaining about my new year. Its not as bad as it looks but then I have a bad eye and the picture is still a bit smudgy for me to figure out how its going to be for the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am READING....I am LIKING....