Wednesday, October 28, 2009

When every sneeze counts....

"Swine Flu is making sure every Sneeze counts!" - I think I made this one up myself.

Off late I have been down with some cold. Credit that to a new place or mad changing weather but I have been nursing a running nose for quite a few weeks now. And dont know why, but my nose decides to be at its worst when am at work. So here I am, typing out some stuff on my work computer and there comes a loud " Aaaaakchoooo!" . I go looking for my tissues while still recovering from the big jerk that resonated my nasal passages when I hear a dozen " Bless You" s bombarded at me from all sides. Not that I am complaining about people wishing for my good, but the recent bouts of Swine Flu springing up here and there makes me think otherwise.

I wouldn't have thought in this manner an year ago when swine flu was still restricted to pigs and hadn't founds its way into we humans but now the 'Bless You' s I feel have a different connotation. Its my interpretation but now people not only wish well for you when they say ' Bless You' but also they have this ' Swine Flu' scare syndrome hovering in their head. So along with the goodness in their hearts, the fear in their minds plays a part in wishing you. Deep inside they wish that you dont have Swine Flu and that you dont hand them that as a freebie. So its more about ' Bless him so that we dont catch the Flu he might be carrying .... more specifically Swine Flu!' than 'Bless You and may you feel better'.

Thats when I have realized how every sneeze counts, how every sneeze of yours attracts instant attention though with a hint of skepticism, and how every sneeze can earn you someones good wishes even if they wish more good for themselves than you! And there I go again, " Aaaackchoooo!!" .... 'Bless Me' too!



No comments: